What is a Learnership?
Learnerships are structured programmes combining theory with practical skills within a working environment. Learners that are accepted on a Learnership, study towards a qualification which is registered on the National Qualifications Framework. A Learnership Agreement is drawn up and concluded between the employer, the learner and the accredited training provider for the duration of the Learnership programme.
Benefits of Learnerships
- Learnerships increase relevant skill base and talent pool within your organisation;
- Skilled people make for better employees, which increases productivity in your organisation’s workforce;
- Learners are motivated as they are gaining working experience and at the same time are working towards achieving a recognised Qualification;
- Learners, if employed after successful completion of the Learnership, are less likely to leave the orgainsation as they know there will be investment in their development;
- SETA grant allocation towards Skills Development programmes;
- B-BBEE points contribution as per Skills Development programmes;
- SARS offers organisations tax incentives for Learnerships that are registered with the organisation’s primary SETA;
- Learnerships also assist in achieving the Youth Employment Service (YES) programme initiative which was launched in 2018.
To assure your company gets the maximum benefits from Learnership Training you need to make use of a reputable and experienced Training Provider such as Academy Training Group (ATG).