What is a Learnership?
Learnerships are structured programmes combining theory with practical skills within a working environment. Learners that are accepted on a Learnership, study towards a qualification which is registered on the National Qualifications Framework. A Learnership Agreement is drawn up and concluded between the employer, the learner and the accredited training provider for the duration of the Learnership programme.
Benefits of Learnerships
- Learnerships increase relevant skill base and talent pool within your organisation;
- Skilled people make for better employees, which increases productivity in your organisation’s workforce;
- Learners are motivated as they are gaining working experience and at the same time are working towards achieving a recognised Qualification;
- Learners, if employed after successful completion of the Learnership, are less likely to leave the orgainsation as they know there will be investment in their development;
- SETA grant allocation towards Skills Development programmes;
- B-BBEE points contribution as per Skills Development programmes;
- SARS offers organisations tax incentives for Learnerships that are registered with the organisation’s primary SETA;
To assure your company gets the maximum benefits from Learnership Training you need to make use of a reputable and experienced Training Provider such as Academy Training Group (ATG).